When you are craving a silky smooth cheesecake there is nothing worse than waiting for it to bake! Luckily, this amazingly delicious No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake makes the perfect dessert so easy and fast that you can enjoy it any day!
The first person to bring together chocolate and peanut butter should have a shrine built for them because there is nothing better than chocolate and peanut butter. Except for chocolate, peanut butter, and sweet smooth cheesecake! This luscious dessert brings together everyone's favorite dessert flavors to make one truly unforgettable treat, and the best part is you don’t even have to bake it! Take your sweet tooth a whole new world of flavor with this amazing No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake!
What You’ll Love About No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Fast and Flavorful Dessert!
Traditional cheesecakes can be a very time-consuming affair. They have to mix, bake, and cool for hours before they are ready to be enjoyed, but not this delicious recipe! This luscious and creamy No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake cuts the time from start to finish down to a fraction of a traditional cheesecake recipe.
Just because this cake is quick does not mean you miss out on flavor! This sumptuous dessert has bold, tangy, sweet, earthy, and chocolaty flavors all in perfect balance. If you want a mouthwatering dessert that doesn’t take a whole day to prepare, look no further!
Terrifically Tasty Combination!
Everyone knows and loves the sweet pairing of chocolate and peanut butter, but few are as a family with peanut and cheese. The deliciously roasted and sugary flavor notes in the peanut butter match so well with the tangy and smooth flavors of cream cheese to create a truly unexpected and delightful treat!
These sweet flavors work with all ages. From young to old everyone agrees that this No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake is amazing!
Perfect for the Party!
Birthday cake is boring, so why not try something new!? If you want a treat that will blow people away with its flavor and presentation this is just right, plus it’s so easy to make that you won’t be distracted from party preparations!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake is a delicious and unexpected dessert that will please a wide range of tastes and appetites!
For the Cookie Crust:
Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
Chocolate sandwich cookies bring a fun and chocolatey flavor to the cheesecake. This fun alternative to a traditional graham cracker crust has plenty of crumbly texture and flavor to satisfy.
For this recipe, choose your favorite brand of sandwich cookies and leave the cream filling inside of the cookie before pulsing them. The cream will help add flavor and bind the no-bake crust.
Melted butter helps to hold the crust together. Unsalted is the best choice in baking because it has a sweet and pure buttery flavor, but you can always swap it for salted. If you do opt for salted, taste your filling for saltiness to make sure the whole dish is in balance.
For the Cheesecake:
Room-temperature cream cheese is the key to a great cheesecake. This soft and sweet cheese has the right texture, color, and taste for any style of cheesecake. Choose the block or brick form of cream cheese and leave it on the counter to come to room temperature before using.
Creamy Peanut Butter
Wonderfully smooth and satisfying creamy peanut butter is the key flavor in the cake. Use your favorite brand for this dish and feel free to swap for a low-sugar or low-fat variety.
This ingredient can also be labeled as “confectioner’s sugar.” It’s a superfine form of sugar that is great for whipped treats like this dreamy cheesecake.
A hint of vanilla helps to round out the sweet and nutty flavor of this dessert. High-end vanilla has a much more authentic and delicious flavor than imitation vanilla but either will work. If you are not a fan of vanilla try swapping this ingredient with another flavor extract, like almond extract or hazelnut extract.
Heavy Whipping Cream
Heavy cream is a thick dairy somewhere between butter and whole milk. It has just the right fat content and texture to help bind this cake together and give it a velvety delicious texture!
Hot Fudge and Melted Peanut Butter
To decorate this treat you can drizzle on some hot fudge and melted peanut butter. You can also opt for standard melted chocolate. You can omit the decoration or go in a totally different direction, like a rustic dusting of roasted peanuts. Whatever you decide to use as decoration will only add to the show-stopping flavor of this delicious dessert!
Whipped cream is a gorgeous way to finish off this cake. You can grab a can from the local supermarket or whip up your own with the extra heavy whipping cream.
To make a quick stabilized whipped cream, in a food processor, mix 1 cup of heavy whipping cream with about 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar. Process the mixture until it is light and fluffy like whipped cream, about 1-2 minutes. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
To decorate with this, try scooping some into a piping bag with a star tip. Pipe little rosettes at the top of every slice so everyone gets a sweet bite of whipped cream!
If you are an avid baker a food processor might be a smart investment! This powerful little tool can whip, chop, mix, and more, and in this recipe, the food processor makes crafting a crust so easy!
If you do not have a food processor, try a blender or put the cookies in a bag, seal it, and beat it with a rolling pin until the cookies are extra fine crumbs.
A standard 9-inch springform pan makes removing this sweet treat so easy. You don’t have to worry about sticking or anything!
You can opt for another type of 9-inch round pan, but be aware that might make removing the cheesecake difficult.
Large Mixing Bowl
A large mixing bowl is needed for the cheesecake filling. You may also want a second bowl to mix the cookie crumbs in.
A hand mixer makes beating thick ingredients like cream cheese so easy. You can opt to use a stand mixer or even your hands, but be warned that this is a real workout!
How to Make No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Make the Crust:
- Crush chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor.
- Stir the melted butter into the cookie crumbs until they are all moistened.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and about halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Chill until the filling is done.
Make the Filling:
- Beat the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth.
- Mix in the powdered sugar and continue beating until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Add the vanilla and then slowly stream in the whipping cream while continuing to mix.
- Continue mixing until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture into the prepared pan.
- Chill for at least one hour before slicing and serving.
- Pulse the cookies pretty far, you want a fine crumb texture.
- Using room-temperature dairy helps to avoid a lump cheesecake.
- “Stiff peaks” means that when a beater is pulled out of the mixture it holds up on its own like a little peak.
- Level the top of the cheesecake with an offset spatula or cake spatula before chilling.
- Drizzle a little of the fudge and melted peanut butter on the cheesecake as decoration.
- You can optionally decorate with stabilized whip cream.
How to Serve No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Enjoy this gorgeous Peanut Butter Cheesecake chilled. Top the cake with delicious whipped cream, chocolate shavings, or roasted nuts.
Since this cake is so easy to make it can be enjoyed any day, but it makes a gorgeous treat for a special occasion!
How to Store No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
This cake should be kept in the fridge when it is not actively being served. It is stable enough to sit out the counter for a short time, but nobody wants room-temperature cheesecake!
To chill this cheesecake properly, wrap it tightly in plastic or move it to an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Can I Freeze No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake?
Yes! If you want to save these delectable flavors for later try freezing the cheesecake.
Wrap the cheesecake very tightly in plastic wrap and then again in foil. Place the wrapped cheesecake into a freezer-safe bag and press out all the excess air. Seal the bag and label it with the “prepared on” date.
This tasty Peanut Butter Cheesecake can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To thaw, place it in the fridge overnight.
Nuts for Nuts
If you cannot get enough nutty flavor, try folding some roasted peanuts into the cheesecake mixture before pouring it into the crust.
Peanut Butter and Honey
If you have fond memories of peanut butter and honey sandwiches, try swapping the crust for a traditional graham cracker crust and finishing this cheesecake with a light drizzle of honey.
If you cannot get enough of the sweet combination of chocolate and peanut butter, try folding a few handfuls of chocolate chips into the cheesecake mixture before pouring it into the crust.Print
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
If you're in search of a hassle-free dessert recipe, your quest ends here. This No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake recipe is a winner with its creamy texture and delightful peanut butter taste that will leave everyone wanting more. All you need is an Oreo crust and a handful of basic ingredients, and you're good to go!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
For the Crust:
- 30 chocolate sandwich cookies, leave the cream inside
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake:
- 3 8-ounce blocks (24 ounces total) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- Hot fudge and melted peanut butter for garnish
- Whipped Cream for garnish
Crush chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor. You want a fine crumb.
- Stir melted butter into chocolate sandwich cookies crumbs with a fork until all are moistened. Press into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Chill until filling is done.
- Beat room temperature cream cheese and peanut butter with a hand or a stand mixer until smooth. Mix in the powdered sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Add the vanilla and then slowly add the whipping cream while mixing. Continue mixing until stiff peaks form (the cheesecake will stand up when you move the mixer).
- Spread cheesecake into prepared pan. Chill at least one hour before slicing and serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream before serving, optional.
Keywords: peanut butter cheesecake