Spicy and cheesy cornbread that is easy to make. It is the perfect blend of sweet and savory, and tastes great as a side dish.
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin mix (15 oz.)
- 2/3 c whole milk
- 1/2 c unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheese
- 2 jalapeños
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and grease a baking pan (8x8 used in this recipe).
- Shred your cheese of choice. Put on a pair of gloves and carefully dice the jalapeños - make sure to remove the seeds.
- Mix the Jiffy Corn Muffin mix with milk, melted butter, and the egg.
- Add the shredded cheese and diced jalapeños to the batter and mix.
- Put the batter into the greased baking pan and bake for 30 minutes. Place a toothpick in the middle of the cornbread to see if it’s fully cooked. If it comes out clean, then your cornbread is ready.
- Remove the cornbread from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Eat it as is or as a side!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mexican cornbread