Amish Butter Egg Noodles Recipe
Egg noodles cooked in chicken broth and butter for a delightful side dish.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 3 tablespoon butter (salted or unsalted)
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 chicken bouillon cube
- 6 ounces extra wide egg noodles (store-bought)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a pot or deep pan.
- Add in the stock and bouillon cube. Over medium heat, bring the mix to a boil.
- Once boiling, add in the noodles and wait until it boils again. After the liquid starts to boil, turn off the heat and place a lid on the pot.
- Leave the egg noodles alone and covered for 30 minutes. Stir the noodles occasionally while it’s resting.
- Give the noodles a bite to check their doneness. If it needs a bit more cooking, cook them for a few more minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of butter, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir the noodles, and serve!
Keywords: buttered egg noodles recipe