Penne pasta cooked in a rich, creamy sauce filled with shrimp, chicken, and prosciutto. It tastes just like the dish from Macaroni Grill!
- 2 tsp butter (salted or unsalted)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dill & rosemary (fresh or dried)
- 1 c dry marsala wine
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 cups heavy cream
- 1 oz. prosciutto or bacon
- 18 shrimp (peeled, deveined)
- 12 oz. sliced grilled chicken breasts
- 16 oz. penne pasta
- 6 oz. butter (salted or unsalted)
- 1 shallot
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, and cook the garlic and rosemary until the garlic browns.
- Pour in the wine and let it cook until it lessens by a third. Add in the mustard, dill, cayenne pepper, and heavy cream. Let it cook until the liquid reduces by half.
- Add some oil in a saucepan and fry the prosciutto or bacon. When it starts to brown add in the butter, shallot, and shrimp. Cook everything over medium heat until the shrimp is about halfway cooked.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the penne for about 5 to 6 minutes. The pasta should be undercooked as it will keep cooking in the oven.
- Toss in the chicken and cook it for another few minutes until the chicken is mostly cooked. Season the mix with salt and pepper.
- Pour the Gratinata sauce on top of the shrimp, chicken, and prosciutto. Stir in half a cup of freshly grated Parmesan, and let it simmer.
- Pour the sauce and meat into a baking dish and mix in the cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle more cheese and paprika on top.
- Place the pasta into the oven to bake for 15 minutes at 475°F.
- Take it out from the oven and let it chill for a few minutes. Serve and enjoy!