Classic cupcakes filled with ice cream that make them the perfect all-in-one dessert for any party.
- 1 box of chocolate cupcake mix
- 2 tubs of vanilla ice cream (1 pint each)
- Frosting to taste
- Any additional toppings you would like
- Choose your favorite brand of chocolate cupcake mix (or a different flavor). Follow the instructions on the box to make the cupcakes. Let them cool completely before filling them. Feel free to buy cupcakes or make your own cupcakes from scratch.
- When the cupcakes have cooled, prep the baking sheets with parchment paper and leave them in the freezer. Leave the ice cream outside to soften while removing the cores of the cupcakes.
- Cut out the center of all the chocolate cupcakes. Don’t cut down so deep that you pierce the bottom of the cupcake. You still want the cupcake to stay intact. It should fit at least 1 tablespoon of ice cream.
- Working in batches, fill the hole with the softened ice cream and cover the ice cream with the cupcake that you removed. Don’t put all of the cupcake back in as it won’t fit, but it makes for a great snack while baking.
- Fill about 4 cupcakes at a time then leave them in the freezer, so the ice cream doesn’t melt.
- Repeat until all the cupcakes have been filled. Cover them in cling film and leave them in the freezer until you’re ready to eat them. It’s best not to frost them until the cupcakes are ready to serve.
- Remove them from the freezer then frost them as much as you like. It will take about 2 minutes for the cupcakes to defrost, then they are ready to eat!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Defrost Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ice cream cupcakes