Soft and fluffy cookies made with a special ingredient - ice cream! Try this unique spin on the classic chocolate chip cookie, and never go back to basic cookies again.
- 1/2 c unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/3 c light brown sugar
- 1/2 c softened vanilla ice cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 c all-purpose flour (gluten-free can be used)
- 2 c chocolate chips
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Add it into the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Pour in the sugar and mix on low speed. Mix in the softened ice cream.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract, then the baking soda and salt. Combine well.
- Add in the flour in increments, mixing each time. This will prevent the flour from going everywhere. Combine the dough with the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scooper to scoop the dough onto a lined baking sheet, and chill them for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Separate the chilled dough onto the additional baking sheets, so that each ball of dough has 2” of space.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the edges start to brown.
- Leave them to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve with a nice cup of coffee or milk. Or, add an extra scoop of ice cream!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Chill Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ice cream cookies