Creamy and rich chicken pot pie filled with vegetables and shredded chicken. It’s a great comfort meal for those long days.
- 1/4 c unsalted butter
- 1/4 c flour (All-Purpose)
- 1 1/2 c chicken broth
- 3/4 c whole milk
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
- 1 c potatoes (diced)
- 1 c carrots (diced)
- 2 c shredded chicken
- 1/2 c peas
- 1/2 c onion (diced)
- 2 pie crusts (store-bought or homemade)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Make the roux by melting butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk for a minute, or until it’s a dough-like consistency.
- Pour in chicken broth and milk slowly while whisking continuously. Cook until the roux is thick and smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Parboil the diced potatoes and carrots, then add them to a mixing bowl. Mix in the shredded chicken, peas, and onions. Cover the ingredients with the creamy roux.
- Lightly grease the pie plate and add place the pie crust into the pie plate. Pour the chicken and vegetable mix into the crust, and cover it with the top pie crust.
- Fold the edges and cut some holes into the top crust for ventilation.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Take the pie out of the oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Slice the chicken pot pie and serve!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chicken Pot Pie