Egg noodles cooked in chicken broth and butter for a delightful side dish.
- 3 tbsp butter (salted or unsalted)
- 14 oz. chicken broth
- 0.5 chicken bouillon cube
- 6 oz. extra wide egg noodles (store-bought)
- 0.5 tsp parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a pot or deep pan.
- Add in the stock and bouillon cube. Over medium heat, bring the mix to a boil.
- Once boiling, add in the noodles and wait until it boils again. After the liquid starts to boil, turn off the heat and place a lid on the pot.
- Leave the egg noodles alone and covered for 30 minutes. Stir the noodles occasionally while it’s resting.
- Give the noodles a bite to check their doneness. If it needs a bit more cooking, cook them for a few more minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of butter, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir the noodles, and serve!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Amish Egg Noodles